Position: Volunteer Board Members - 1 Labour, 1 Community and 1 Social Enterprise Representative
Deadline: June 11, 2019 (ongoing until filled)
TCBN is seeking an experienced volunteer Board members with knowledge, interest and passion to help advance our objectives for Community Benefits organizing, monitoring and evaluation. Board Directors demonstrate a commitment to social and economic justice. Specific skills required for this position includes:
- Skills, interest, knowledge and experience with contract negotiations, community organizing and community capacity building focused on social, environmental and/or economic justice issues.
- Commitment to the values for equity, inclusion and self-determination built upon indigenous knowledge(s) and or lived experience.
- Representative of a group or organization member (or potential) of the TCBN Community-Labour Coalition. Priority given to candidates who are youth and representatives from organizations located in the west end of Toronto.
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- Excellent communications skills with ability to work well with others
Note that candidates must be a representative from an organization or group with membership in good standing with the TCBN, duly registered for at least 3 weeks prior to the Annual General Meeting.
Please send your expression of interest to the Executive Director by email at [email protected]. Use “Board Member Expression of Interest – your Full Name” as the subject line. A member of the Board Recruitment Committee will follow up with you to discuss more in depth. The Committee will make its recommendations to the Board who will in turn short list candidates and present recommendations to the General Membership. All those who are recommended will be invited to attend the Annual General Meeting on June 20, 2019 at which time the Membership will cast their votes and decide.