On April 29th we will be in the streets across Canada to show the world and our leaders that we will resist fossil fuel projects and policies that attack our people, our communities and our planet.
TCBN supports the stated goals of the March below:
• Advance solutions to the climate crisis that are rooted in racial, social and economic justice and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
• Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
• Demand recognition of Indigenous Sovereignty, respect for existing Treaties and the right of First Nations to Free, Prior and Informed Consent for all projects on their traditional and unceded territories.
• Immediately take steps to support immigrants, refugees and communities of colour and LGBTQ2I communities impacted by the attacks on them south of the border and by the dislocation caused by global climate change
• Ensure public funds and investments create good paying green jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
• Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all.
• Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech
Use the hashtag #KeepItInTheGround #RespectTheTreaties #TakeToTheStreets #PCMToronto #ClimateJustice
160 Gerrard St
Toronto, ON M5A 2P2
Google map and directions