The meeting agenda will include discussions on:
- Apprenticeships opportunities including at minimum 10% diverse hiring targets for women, Indigenous, Black, people of colour in Scarborough
- Professional, Administrative, Technical career opportunities for women, Indigenous, Black, people of colour in Scarborough
- Procurement targets and opportunities for local businesses in Scarborough, Indigenous owned businesses, minority owned businesses and social enterprises
- Anti Racism strategy for contractors including requirement for training for all workers on site
- Environmental Impacts
- Neighborhood improvements and Affordable Housing
- Opportunities for local arts projects and initiatives
- Accountability and Transparency - The importance of tracking, monitoring disaggregated data and Community Benefits Working Group with community involvement
We have concerns about the current Metrolinx plans and need your involvement and support to ensure all of these areas addressed before the Scarborough Line Extension project moves forward!
Please register, sign the petition and share within your networks!